Google

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A "pleaser's "confession

A while ag0, I happen to learn this painful reality that you can't lo0k for h0w you sh0uld feel about yourself in the faces of other pe0ple. You have to have your own standards,both for how you act and for whom, besides yourself, you sh0uld answer to.I have always been the kind of person who minds what other people would have to say about me, in fact I consider myself a pleaser.

I always feel this urgent need to always please the people around me at all costs, including my very own happiness at that. I've always believed that there is no other way to live than to be approved by everyone. I've been the type who says "yes", when my heart screams for "NO!'Sad reality dawned on me though, I can't and never will be able to please everybody. Because if I will, I'm being dishonest to myself. I am just a human being who makes mistakes from time to time;just a normal person who can't be how someone wants me to be. I am a person of my own, and the ultimate one that that I'm answerable to, is God and Him alone. For as long as I live my life in His way, I can never go wrong. Right now, I'm trying to learn how to speak up my mind and how to stand on what I believe in. Again, and I reiterate, I can never please everybody. Well, no one can, right?

0 comments: